Randy Wietman is a retired Navy Commander with 28 years of military service. He served in numerous sea duty assignments in the Mediterranean and the Persian Gulf, as well as shore duty assignments around the country focused primarily in teaching engineering and surface warfare. After military service, Randy led the International Military Student Office at the US Naval War College where he was the primary resource for international officers attending the Naval Staff College and the Naval Command College. Randy also has extensive manufacturing experience with Texas Instruments where managed several OEM product lines for General Motors.
Randy has BA in Public Administration from St. Mary’s University (MN), a MA in Education from the University of Rhode Island, and a MS in Industrial Relations from the University of Rhode Island. He is the published author of “Hurricane Katrina,” Policy Making, National Security Decision Making, (2007).
- Chairman, North Kingstown Zoning Board of Review
- Board Member, North Kingstown Sewer Appeals Board
- Board Member, North Kingstown Charter Review Commission
- Board Member, Historic Wickford (HistWick) Organization
- Board Member, North Kingstown Veterans Scholarship Committee
- Member, North Kingstown Republican Town Committee
- Member, Social Committee, Wickford Yacht Club
- Life Member, Naval War College Foundation
Randy is passionate about his community as evidence by his commitment to working solutions to issues of importance to the people of North Kingstown. He wishes to expand that commitment to service, and is seeking election to the Town Council.